A turn coat is a form of debating in which a single speaker has to speak both for and against a given topic.
The children of class 5, 6 and 7 got an opportunity to exhibit their confidence and talent by taking part in Turn Coat Competition that was conducted in two rounds. (Round 1 on 16-08-2023 and Round 2 on 18-08-2023).
Throughout the competition, students showed remarkable confidence, excitement, and fluency. Apart from engaging students, the goal of this competition was to create a platform for our students to develop the talent of public speaking and the capacity to address the audience with confidence and passion.
Students spoke on the statements such as:
- Social media has taken over our leisure time.
- Climate change is already irreversible.
- Junk food advertisements should be banned.
- Students should learn financial literacy in school.
- Will robots increase people’s quality of life?
- Should animals be kept in a zoo?