Today’s youth is tomorrow’s nation. And today’s youth are our students. Student responsibility occurs when students take an active role in their learning by recognizing they are accountable for their academic success. Student responsibility is demonstrated when students make choices and take actions which lead them toward their educational goals
Students become responsible when they take ownership of their actions by exhibiting the following behaviors :
- attend and participate in classes, labs, and seminars, prepared and on time.
- complete the assigned work in a timely manner with attention to quality of work.
- avoid making excuses for their behavior.
- communicate in a careful and respectful manner with teachers, peers, and other members of the school community.
- are engaged learners who dedicate sufficient time outside of class to school work
- utilize school resources and seek help when needed.
- respect diverse ideas and opinions.
- identify, develop, and implement a plan to achieve their educational goals.
Education enables the student to understand within himself his strengths and freedom in his life. Education starts not only at school, but from every home. A child learns from his home, school and then from the society and thus every individual that a kid interacts, influences his life later on. When students are being treated with due respect and responsibility, they have also lived up to be responsible and respect in return to the society. When being recognized, they have the acceptance to work for a better society through hardships rather than giving up in between.